Foundation Members have an ongoing engagement with the University characterized by extraordinary financial support, advocacy and involvement.
FOUNDATION MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Foundation Members are asked to:
- Give generously to the University of Illinois
- Contribute their personal time, skills and resources
- Attend or sponsor special events
- Recruit others interested in supporting and/or acting as advocates for the University of Illinois
NOMINATION AND ELECTION
The Foundation’s Board Membership and Governance Committee takes responsibility for recruiting, nominating and electing Members.
Foundation Members are nominated and elected based on a number of criteria, including:
- A philanthropic commitment to the University
- A record of or a potential for encouraging involvement in University, campus, and unit activities
- A record of advocacy to the University and the University of Illinois Foundation
In general, Foundation Members are also members of the President’s Council, a program representing the highest level of University-wide donor involvement.
If you know someone who exemplifies the characteristics of a University of Illinois Foundation Member, we encourage you to nominate him or her via this online form.